> (Advanced Route 3.1).  I seem to remember the manual saying the
autorouter

Advanced Route 3.1 was an entirely different beast than the current router.
Compared to the current router Advanced Route was a useless piece of junk.
I think the current router is an evolution of the Neurorouter in that it
seems to pick it's routes differently, but it does still have them same
rip-up and retry style of the Neurorouter.

The current router seems to work pretty well if you set up your priorities
and rules right, then hand route a few critical routes. Of course this is
compared to Advanced Route which never could seem to completely route a
board, let alone route a board well.

Rob