On 05:19 PM 13/09/2001 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> > (Advanced Route 3.1).  I seem to remember the manual saying the
>autorouter
>

>Advanced Route 3.1 was an entirely different beast than the current router.
>Compared to the current router Advanced Route was a useless piece of junk.
>I think the current router is an evolution of the Neurorouter in that it
>seems to pick it's routes differently, but it does still have them same
>rip-up and retry style of the Neurorouter.

This was my also impression, but for some reason I had an even stronger
impression that the current router is not related to the Neuro Route
product at all.  I am not sure if I got this from a conversation a long
time ago with Protel people (or ex-Protel people) or not.  The old Neuro
Route based product had masses of configuration options that the current
version doesn't. Also, the current brochures have no reference to neuro
this or neuro-that.

I am fairly sure they are different products, but I may be wrong.

Ian Wilson