> >   The router is based on neural net technology from the
> >Neurorouter company that Protel acquired several years ago.  Neural nets
are
> >AI, and AI is the future, right?  ;-)
>
> You believed that hype?

Nope.  But year after year I hear the AI hype.  I have yet to see anything
truly intelligent come from a computer.  Every now and then some industry
pundit claims that within X years computers will exceed human intelligence.
When does this race actually start?  From what I have seen, it hasn't
started yet.

Neural nets are hardware, but as we know, hardware can be simulated in
software.  In fact, most of the research in neural nets uses simulation.
You don't think those profs and grad students would stoop to soldering, do
you? ;-)

Look, Abdul, no trailing quotations!

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett