Jason, you crack me up. First you complain about bugs in Protel, then you
say it's your IT guy's problem because he wants to patch the OS even when
there is no visible problem. Patches == Bug fixes. You think all bugs are
"visible?" Think again buddy. There are security holes, reliability issues,
etc that may be hiding for months or years before the right set of
conditions "expose" them. You don't want those fixed??

My P99 is also quite stable. I've said before on this list that I can't
remember the last time it crashed. I don't do boards quite as large as you
it seems, but I've done some pretty big ones before.

Why don't you rip up some key aspects of your design and post it somewhere
for download so other's could see if they get the same crash with your
board. (providing the part you ripped up didn't have an effect). Take off a
dozen components and a dozen nets  and see if you still get the crash. If
you do, would you feel confident that "we" could see your board without
actually having anything of IP value?

Tony