Brad wrote:
> understand what your fab shops have told you. Both are layers with mostly
> copper rather than mostly laminate, should be absolutely no difference
> between the two if you designed it to be identical.

Brad,

The key is you said "mostly".  It is my understanding that polygons on
internal layers prevent the epoxies,glues to squish out uniformly when the
laminates are pressed together, creating air pockets and voids therefore
causing reduced reliability.  Don't get me wrong, I used to used them also
until I had some designs rejected by some board houses.  I have several fab
manuals that allow warn against using them.

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD