Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
#300 - 4401 Still Creek Drive,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada, V5C 6G9.
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
Website: www.norsat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Reagan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 10:34 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Merging boards

Brad,
I agree save your orig file after you run drcs, then  create a new file to
panelize. So how difficult is it to toggle thru the plane layers, view them
and reconnect planes?  Not hard at all maybe two or three keystrokes.   I
don't see it as a  problem.  Sure its not perfect but panelizing would be
hard to implement to satisfy everyone's idea of how it should work
especially when you expect drcs to work also.   The point is you can do it
accurately, and it really isn't that much of a hassle. The other option is
to use Camtastic, I never use pours on mid layers because most of the board
houses I have experience with, not only frown upon it, I had one refuse to
fabricate the board because it compromised their lamination process.

Mike Reagan
EDSI