----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Now if were were talking programmable logic design I could see scope
> integration between the designs tools. But we all know that getting the
> current PLD server to do anything at all is a challenge never mind the
most
> basic integration like automatic schematic symbol generation which isn't
> even attempted.
>

> Cheers, Terry.

Altium ought to consider that Tasking compilers do not cover the
whole embedded market. Integration of software and hardware
development tools makes only sense to a certain extent (as long as
they do not support most of the processor architectures).

A better approach for tools integration would be:

1. a "global" project management for *all* kind of source files
   including configuration management/version control

2. seemless integration of third party compilers (cross compilers,
   PLD/FPGA compilers) (I mean integration, not acquisition ;-)

3. documentation features and case tools (flowcharter, UML, ...)

Best wishes,
Ralf

           Ű Ű )
-----oOOo--(_)---oOOo------