On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 07:48:47 +1200, Ralf  wrote:

>The same with version control & project management. It would be a
>particularly useful thing to be supplied on the same CD (knowing
>that it works with Protel), but if it is integrated, its usefulness for
>everything else is diminished.

I disagree. Firstly there is no way a 3rd party VCS will work with Protel
(unless you consider versioning entire access databases 'control').  Using
the kludged protel 'windows file system' system has too many hidden
gotchas.

Secondly how  do you diff a schematic or PCB?

I would find (a working) integrated version control system very useful.
Hell I would find it useful if Protel could place the last modified date
and time on documents instead of the date and time they were printed, but
hey give them a chance they have only had 3-4 years to provide something
useful instead of something stupid.

Cheers, Terry.