From: Bagotronix Tech Support [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 8:45 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Altium article from Australian "electronic news" Dec
mag

> And that future looks particularly good, with the company
> expecting sales revenue growth in line with worldwide
> forecasts for the PCB market of 15-20%, driven strongly
> by the growth of the Windows/NT end of the market Buttrose
> said.

Funny, for me this is like falling into a time warp.  It sounds like a press
release in EE Times from 4 years ago.  I don't see how they can use this
prediction for current times.  Haven't you Aussies heard?  Us Yanks got a
recession going on here in the U.S.!  I know it says "worldwide", but the
U.S. is a big chunk of the EDA world.

> Buttrose attributed these impressive results to both the
> continued increase in organic growth and market share
> provided by the clear boost in sales in the company's
> existing products, and also the successful acquisition and
> integration of Dutch embedded software supplier Tasking.

What the h*** does "organic growth" mean in this context?  I have a
prediction:  I will experience an increase in organic growth in my
refridgerator over the holidays from all the uneaten leftovers.

> "Our continued focus will be on developing tools for the PC
> desktop that will provide a real Powerful, full-featured, value
> for money alternative to the high-priced complex Unix-based
> systems:" Buttrose added.

How about for desktop Linux-based systems?  I'd like to see that.  I won't
be moving to Windows XP.  It's Windows 2000 or Linux for me.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com