At 05:00 AM 18/12/01 +0000, you wrote:

>Secondly how  do you diff a schematic or PCB?

This one is something we have been grappling with for some time.  A good
workable, bug-free method of diff'ing two revs of a sch or a PCB, in a
sensible fashion (that is not simply comparing bytes or lines of an ASCII
output) would be enough for us to really consider coughing up significant
dollars.

Do any (even high end) packages allow this?  What would be really nice
would be a suite of tools that allow both on-screen differences be shown
and report files be produced.  To do this well is quite non-trivial.  At
the simplest end we are talking about simple graphical AND, OR, NOR type
functions but really what would be useful is a sort of layer based system
that can selectively highlight such things as:
1) netlist changes
2) component movements
3) tracking changes
4) ...