Well Guys and Gals,
All I know is a while back I tried a number of times to keep an alternate
footprint
to no avail. I made a contact switch symbol which had 2 pins. I needed 3
different
footprints for this same function. So rather than creat 3 separate symbols I
just
added the other 2 footprints to the list. Well if you do need to update
footprints
with synchronizer it ripped up the ones that used the 2nd and 3rd footprint
on th elist
an dreplaced it with the 1st EVERY time. I finally got fed up and made 3
separate
symbols (by the way Protel was no help on this either) for the 3 footprints
an dhaven't had a problem since. As lon gas I did not try to update any
footprints with them all on one symbol it was OK.
Now I don't know what other buttons or oprions to click on or off. It seem
syou either
want update footprints or you don't. Unless there are some other config
items burried somewhere
to play with??? I have no tplayed with this in awhile, I will set it up
again in AM and see what happens
and if I can recreate the update. I will post what happens. But as far as I
can see it di dnot work any other way???
Bob

Robert M. Wolfe, C.I.D.