Steve Pfeifenroth wrote:

> I bypassed the web site posting because it just hangs on me (Never goes
> through). Hope this is ok and I am not getting into trouble. I just have an
> urgent question because my boards need to be at the board house tomorrow
> otherwise I won't get them until Jan 3.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I have created a project file with two sheet symbols on it referencing two
> .sch files (both are open and active). I am using simple "flat design" for
> linking two .sch together sharing only net labels and power ports. When I
> select the .prj file and try an ERC there are no warnings. When I select the
> .prj and try to create a Netlist the net list file is completely empty. I am
> selecting the scope of the net identifiers to "global nets/ports". What am I
> doing wrong. I have no problem doing it on each individual file. How do I
> link all the files so that I create 1 netlist and 1 ERC? The files display
> correctly in the file viewer so I know at least Protel understands my setup
> it just isn't producing any output.

There are two ways to do this.  One is to 'import' all the sheets so they
are part of the whole.  I'm getting vague on how to do this in 99SE.

What I do, even for a flat schematic, is to have a master sheet.  With that
in 'focus', click on design, create symbol from sheet, and specify the name
of each sheet.  When you are done, in the explorer part of the screen, you
should see all the sub sheets should appear as "sub" to the master sheet,
and you'll have a bunch of green blocks on your master sheet, which link
to the sub-sheets.  When you do an ERC or netlist, select descend into
sheet parts, and you should get one error check or netlist that includes all
the subsheets.  You can still have nets global with this.

Jon