At 10:22 AM 1/8/2002 +0100, Rene Tschaggelar wrote:
>Yes. I do that.
>But can you guarantee that a rollback to SP(n-2) after a month
>of work or so will be successful ?
>They could have changed some details in the file format.

Generally, service packs don't change the file format. The SE release was a
bit of an exception, but the files are still backward compatible, some data
might be ignored, but only because the earlier release had no use for that
data.

There might possibly be exceptions, but I haven't seen one. And it would
always be possible to recover, i.e., if a new field caused the earlier
version to choke, one could find it and manually delete it. But I don't
think that even that is necessary. As far as I have seen, if an earlier
version does not recognize a record or field type, it simply ignores it, or
truncates it as necessary.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA