I have some time on my hands and I figured I would mess with the
auto router. I have been running into some problems, no surprise. I am
manually fanning out my components and trying to have the auto router route
the rest. This is the way I have been setting up the design rules. I set up
the routing layers for a net class to route on the bottom layer in a
horizontal direction, I set the top layer to not used, and a board scope of
any direction on the bottom layer with the top layer selected as not used. I
throw up some layer defined keep outs. The tracks I set up are all locked by
selecting auto routing all and only checking lock traces. I try to auto
route area, and all I get is a bunch of garbage. Protel still try's to route
over the keep out area, also Protel is not content with auto routing the
area I have selected it's under worked and starts routing everything else.
Any direction that I can get would be great. I am running Protel 99SE and
WIN2K SPK6

Regards,

Ted Tontis C.I.D.
Engage Networks