Mike,

I use the autobackup to a separate directory, in my case
c:\programfiles\design explorer 99se\backup. The pcb are named
xxxx_pcb.bkN, where N is the backup number, 0-9. The schematic files are
similar, xxxx_sch.bkN. Every open file gets backed up. Since I use the
windows file system, I simply copy the backup file to where I need it and
rename it.  I assume the ddb system allows something similar.

I haven't had to fetch a backup in quite a while. Under W98, I used it a
lot. One or two second power dips didn't help either. So I have autobackups
10 deep, every 15 minutes. Now I have a ups and run W2k. The backups now
seem to be primarily to protect me from myself!

Richard

At 11:01 AM 1/26/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>My daughter accidentally turned off my Protel computer, and when I re-opened
>my design, a couple days work were gone.  I have successfully imported the
>PCB from the backup directory.  It now has a new name though.  I am hoping
>to recover the sch files I had changed also, but would like to keep the file
>names the same, and keep my hiearchy intact.  Any suggestions.
>
>mike

Cheesecote Mountain CAMAC,  24 Halley Drive; Pomona, NY 10970
voice: 845 364 0211, fax: 845 362 6947,  www.cmcamac.com