-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Tontis
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 9:20 AM

        I can get the auto router to route the manual fan outs, and in some
locations I can get the auto router to just route the area I have selected.
        I can never get the auto router to route the board without it
looking like it went through a skeet competition. This is why I figured I
would fan out the board by hand then area route the board and do it in
sections. I left just enough room to get the tracks in between the vias,
trying to keep it nice neat. This is not working as well as I had hoped. Can
any one share one success story with the auto router and possibly share the
setup they used. I know that there a only a few design rules that are
related to the auto router, maybe I am just missing one?

Thank you,
Ted
-------------------------------------

   Clearance Constraint :
        Enabled = Yes    Name = TipRingClearance
             Scope1 = TipRingVoltage
             Scope2 = Board
             Connectivity = Different Nets
             Gap = 15mil
             Rule Followed By Router
        Enabled = Yes    Name = ClearanceShort1X2
             Scope1 = HDR-1X2-SH-T
             Scope2 = HDR-1X2-SH-T
             Connectivity = Different Nets
             Gap = 0mil