A guy in my boyhood home (a small town on an inland lake very
near Lake Michigan) had one of those -- an awful light
greenish-blue colored thing. I always chuckled seeing the two
tiny little propellers on it as he drove by... I remember seeing
him drive it into the water at a boat launching ramp a few times
and watch it struggle to just make much headway as it bobbed
around.

It was a crappy car and equally crappy boat. I think that says
something about dual-use products in general, especially when the
two operating environments are not that similar. How many flying
cars (predicted in the 50's and early 60's to be all the rage by
now) do you see around? ;)

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems