At 05:11 PM 2/8/2002 +1100, Geoff Harland wrote:
>As such, it is not out of the question that beta testing of Phoenix actually
>is occurring at present, and we are not aware of that, due to whoever is
>participating being prohibited from publicly disclosing that (because of a
>NDA that testers have to agree to).

It's not out of the question, but it's pretty unlikely. There is no rumor
whatsoever that Beta testing has begun. There are quite a few of the
regular Beta testers -- in the past -- who have not been notified of any
program. Sure, it is possible that Protel chose all-new testers, which
would be rather silly, but they have done silly things before.

And there should be public beta in addition, perhaps as a second wave,
because the wider the testing, the more thorough it will be. We are still
discovering bugs in 99SE, bugs in rarely-used corners of the program. And
Beta generates excitement unless the program is a complete dog, which I
consider quite unlikely.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA