[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This may have been answered previously however, has anyone experienced parts
> seemingly outside the board perimeter even though they are placed inside?
> I have been passed a ddb file from another and if I "ZA- zoom all" it
> displays an area much greater than the pcb perimeter. I have checked for
> hidden part fields outside the board, but that didn't fix it. If I select
> outside an area and draw a box around the board, several parts inside are
> selected.

There may be a non-displayed field, such as component "comment" that has
accidentally been moved far away from the actual component.  Usually, if you
move a part, all hidden fields will show up after the move, until the next
repaint.  I usually move component comments to Mech layer 2 or such, so
that the info can be displayed for assembly drawings and such, but I don't
want them on the silk screen.

This is easy to do, I think, when moving selected blocks.  I think you can
include a designator or comment (even non-displaying) in a select region
and move it away from the component body, which is outside the select
region.  (Maybe this is not the mechanism that causes this condition, but
I know I have had it happen to me, too.)  The select outside the perimiter of
the board causing components to highlight is the key observation, here.

Jon