Hi Ian,

> I suspect that we could fairly readily make a cut-down version of the
> server that just inverted the current selection - but it
> would only invert
> fairly standard entities like components, tracks, pads, vias
> etc.  Polygons
> were a little difficult from memory but I think we had them
> solved (but
> only if we cleared the undo stack).  Geoff and I were having
> "discussions"
> on the best method of dealing with fills - but I think these
> were solved as
> well.  Things like rules and layer stack-up, blind and buried
> vias etc
> would *not* be handled correctly - the user would need to
> patch these manually.

I'm not sure to right understand: do you explain that you could
distribute a simplified version of your add-on server? I don't need the
polygons, only the ability to flip components, tracks, pads and
multilayer vias.

> Geoff Harland and I were co-operating on a server that would invert a
> board.  We ran into problems that, though probably possible
> to solve would
> have taken way too much volunteer effort.  So we have let it
> pretty much
> stop. A time limited beta version was released to see if
> there was much
> interest. There has not been much interest.  I would say that
> maybe 6 or so
> people have expressed much interest in such a server.  So
> Geoff and I have
> not been pushing at it.

About the problem of interest, I think people search for add-ons only
when they need them (like myself...), so it's difficult to quickly
answer to a query "are you interested...". It would be perhaps good to
create a web-page about add-on projects, not only ask people on the
forum (unfortunately I don't have time to read all the messages, and if
I had I would spend much because it's not my mother's language...)

Thank you for your support

Jean-Christophe Meylan