I know this has been discussed before, but I just wanted to bring it up
again....

I'm finding that when I moving around the ref des on my pcb it pauses for a
few seconds on to complete the process on things like caps and resistors.
The more pins the component has; the longer it pauses for. I wanted to do a
global edit so I could move all the ref des to 'center' positioning at once
but after about 15 min of 'pause' I gave up....

I also noticed that when I move a single ref des on the command line at the
bottom it quickly flashes "analyzing [net name]". So I tried changing the
polygons to no hatching and it seemed to speed up the process.

If anybody has another thoughts on speeding this up, please fill me in.

4 layer PCB, 400+ comp., Online DRC is off...

I'm using P99SE SP6. Win 2K SP2 800MHz, 512MRAM.

Tim Fifield, CET