From: "Robert Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2002 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Protel 1.61

> John,
>
> Have a looke here. Easytrax may help you.
> http://www.electronicsaustralia.com.au/cgi-bin/downloads.pl?area=7
>
> I suspect that there are a number of other sites from which you can
> download Easytrax (or Autotrax). This was the first one I found in a
> Google search for Autotrax.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I've been using Protel Autotrax 1.61 for years.  My old computer died
but the computer repair people were able to copy my hard drive to CD.  But
the old DOS version of Protel on the CD won't run on my "good" computer
running Windows 95.  If I re-boot in DOS, Protel will start but gives an
error message then another (#103 I think).  I can then load the PCB file I
want but when I try to place a component it can't find the library.  I can
see the LIB file in the directory but it won't LOAD.  I've been told that
DOS in Win95 is not a "full DOS" and that may be the problem.  Or Protel got
damaged in the crash (keyboard input section went bad) or it didn't copy to
the CD correctly.

> > In any case, does anybody have an early Windows based version that they
would like to sell?  Something close to the old 1.61 I had so I can at keep
running without having to learn too much and without spending $4000.