The only problem I've had on top overlay is when a feature (e.g. horizontal
line) comes out narrower than the silkscreen will cope with.  This was using
3x magnification to generate the Protel file, resulting in 3mil tracks.  In
this case, increasing the offending tracks to 6mil produced a printable
result without too much distortion of the original logo.

Regards

Andy Gulliver