Dennis,

>>does pushing down fix the problems?<<

Actually, the unit will become flaky, memory gets corrupted and the unit
sometimes self-resets due to corrupted memory. When I press on the part in
the socket, it often makes the problem happen just as I am pressing down on
the part. But when I remove the part from the socket and then re-install it,
the same unit is no longer sensitive to pressing down on the part and the
problem seems to be gone. Re-initializing memory clears out corrupt data and
the unit works OK.

This is a new design and we have built about 50 units and seen this problem
in 2 so far.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Lloyd