Hello Ken,

Friday, June 7, 2002, 7:29:42 AM, you wrote:

> Hi

> I want to make rectangular holes in pads for components with metal tabs. For
> instance, a hole 40mils by 120 mils. Can this be done in Protel 99SE? BTW,
> is hole the proper nomeclature for this?

> thanks and regards
> Ken

Unfortunately, rectangular drills are quite rare, as they can only be
made from unobtainium.   :-)

The board maker will have to mill the slots.  You will have to discuss
this with him, and determine how narrow a slot he can safely mill, and
how he wants it documented.

Protel doesn't know about milled slots, so there is no built-in way to
indicate them.  One way may be to use two pads with round holes (of a
unique size) indicating the ends of the slot.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI    Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Vancouver Power Squadron: http://vancouver-webpages.com/van-ps