We have a customer who are using Protel 99se (sp6) . We are doing a
complex RF design for this company which includes a small CPLD . They've
selected a specific CPLD from Atmel due to lots of other parameters , and we
have to live with the customer's choice (not under our control -besides it
seemed an ok choice ).
     Unfortunately , in Protel 99se , the CPLD wizard parts selection menu
offers most of Atmel's CPLD's, _except_ for the one we want to use ( the
1504asl ) . Moreover , Atmel has a free trial version of Protel 99se  on
their website (only includes schematic and CPLD/CUPL) , unfortunately
packaged together with lots of other useless nonsense (for us) . It installs
by default a VHDL compiler , plus some FPGA stuff and screws up the already
installed full version of Protel 99se .

All attempts to identify the library and/or configuration files that allow
the Atmel trial version of Protel99se to include the 1504asl part have
failed . We're too late in the game to change parts, boards are already
made, RF sections are working but we can't configure the full blown Protel
99se to select our part and generate our CPLD file for the Atmel atf1504asl
. We could use other means to generate the CPLD design but our client wants
to maintain everything under Protel if possible . Atmel also offers a free
version of WINCUPL as an alternative , unfortunately Logical Devices stopped
sellign and supporting this package and we don't want to generate a new
design using a dead CAD tool.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Best Regards,

Matt Tudor , MSEE
http://www.gigahertzelectronics.com

* Tracking #: 149A41898E79C74394543BAF7BA71D00CDF350CF