matt wrote:

> I'm really p*ssed at Protel now , since I've found out they HAVE support for
> the newer Atmel parts. It is free to download on the Atmel website, the
> problem is you have to figure out yourself what to do to install it in
> Protel (it comes with the goofy 30day trial PRotel schematic and PLD tool )
> . There's no mention anywhere , at all, nada, that there are some updated
> libraries .

Certainly classic Protel/Altium behavior.  Spend months fixing a problem,
then don't tell anyone there is a fix.  Too bad they haven't fixed
compatibility
with Xilinx file formats & libraries.  (Or maybe they have, and I just don't
know about it.)  The Xilinx Foundation tools are cumbersome, at best,
and downright unfriendly at worst, but they work reliably.  I would be
overjoyed to use Protel as a front-end to the Xilinx software, but the
.xnf files they put out (last time I checked) were rejected by Xilinx's
tools.

Jon

* Tracking #: FB9184B158A6FE41988993DB9C0F1FEDA3481A16