don't laugh - but can you successfully print to a physical printer?

BTW, on a vaguely related topic, on one machine we never did solve the
'compact on close' problem either, tried everything
finally turned off 'compact on close' and it is ok now (except for not
being able to compact on that machine)

i have the feeling that this too is some windows component conflict, but
i can't track it down

for the record the 'compact on close' problem is:
the protel session disappears (quits, vanishes) _sometimes_ (often) at
the beginning of the compact process

if any other DDBs other that the current one were open with unsaved
work, that work is lost

a file is left behind *.CMP which i assume is a temp file for the
compaction process

Dennis Saputelli