Hi Brad,

I can't help with your issue, but I wanted to share a problem with this
group that might surprise you.

As most of you know, I have been having a hell of a time with the 3D stuff
in Protel. Not the lack of model editing, that's still a problem, but rather
with the actual 3D performance.

Last night, I stuck another harddrive in my computer and put WinXPPro on it.
I then installed Nvidia's Twinview driver stufff, OfficeXP and Protel99SE.
Guess what? The 3D stuff works perfectly now! It's fast, clear, and all the
stuff I was complaining about is gone regarding performance. Even John's
Qualecad 3D viewer completely works. This really surprised me because it's
the same damn hardware...just a new, clean OS install took away the
problems.

I don't suggest anyone totally redoing their OS or system, but more
importantly we shouldn't automatically point the finger at Protel when
Protel software doesn't work. In the example I just cited, it had nothing to
do with them. Something else in my system was f*ckin' up Protel's (and
Qualecad's) ability to do its thing...