> For instance, I was happily running Office 97 under NT when the computer
> guys decided to give me an upgrade to Office 2000. Whether this event was
> related or not with other upgrades, shortly thereafter I got a failure to

Speaking of upgrades breaking things, I once had a machine that would
occasionally crash running Protel under Windows 95, and I decided to upgrade it
to Windows 2000 that was then in Beta. Windows 2000 died immediately every time.
Investigating revealed that I had been using the machine with a SIMM module that
had 3 pins not soldered for over a year! I fixed the SIMM and the problems went
away. It seems Protel was the only thing under Win95 that actually used the
highest blocks of memory, while Windows 2000 used all of memory right away.

So sometimes a software problem is really hardware.

Rob

* Tracking #: C4372B298CC1C64596AFB8AC8ADFCBABB0D01FA5