On 06:30 PM 31/07/2002 -0700, Brock Russell said:

>>so what's up w/ DXP schematic ?
>>i haven't heard any noises about that
>>
>>anything fun or exciting? (or otherwise)
>>
>>i don't suppose they added export to orcad sch, did they?
>>
>>Dennis Saputelli
>
>I'm waiting to hear about that too.
>I would also like to know if they have added the ability to break
>a wire.
>
>Brock

The ability to break a wire is already sort of there (in P99SE) - you have
to split the wire first.  If you click (as if you are going to move it) on
a wire and then hit the INS key you will add a vertex.  You can then delete
the wire you no longer want.

DXP now (optionally) allows co-linear wires to be merged, which removes the
silent, stealthy auto-junction hotspots that has been an on-going source of
complaints for years (hurray!!!, took long enough).  I have not checked how
this may affect the ability to add a vertex (to form a co-linear line
segment) - it may go an merge them again. So the solution would be to make
the new vertex off the desired line slightly, delete the section you don't
want and then move the vertex back again.

Not really a good work around but possibly better than removing all of a
polyline and then having to put it back again.

While moving a wire (sch) or polygon/split plane vertex (PCB) the INS and
DELETE keys can be used to add and remove vertices.

Ian

* Tracking #: 4B9BE6D31E9DA149B2D0D920D10909CB39CE578E