On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 13:02:12 +1000, Ian Wilson wrote:
>The ability to break a wire is already sort of there (in P99SE) - you
>have to split the wire first.  If you click (as if you are going to
>move it) on a wire and then hit the INS key you will add a vertex.
>You can then delete the wire you no longer want.

Arrgghh! Why didn't anyone mention this before? It would have helped me
immensely over the past few years! I guess it's another one of Protel's
"stealth" features... ;-)

This brings me to one of my biggest gripes about Protel in general:
Documentation and Help files.

Coming over from the Orcad world a few years ago, I was disappointed by
both the written manual and Help files for Protel vs. Orcad's
documentation. I find it much more difficult to find *complete
* listings of how all commands work, options and even what's possible.
It seems I've found many more answers on this list or just saying to
myself "there MUST be a way" and poking about. Not very efficient
though.

I've been through all the tutorials, manuals, pdf docs, Help files,
etc. It seems like you have to work really hard to find what you're
looking for. I also find the indexing on the help files to be less than
brilliant -- too few keywords and associated links -- you need to
already know the command you are looking for or you're out of luck.

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems

* Tracking #: 3CAE0CE3A730AD449200AC0DE6A59CA46E6A130D