Yeap. checked that :o)

> Panelising in P99SE is possible - I have done it heaps of time but these
> days I try not to do it anymore.
>
> To overcome the designators changing you use Paste-Special and then check
> the desired options (there is one that allows you to keep the designators
> unchanged - forgotten the exact wording).
>
> But this is only the first of the things you have to consider:
> 1) Once panelised DRC is not hugely useful
> 2) The design is harder to change
> 3) ...

Not a problem as I have the two seperate Jobs in their own ddb's just made a
temp ddb for the panel :o)

> What I now tend to do is lay up the panel (on Mechanical Layer 1) in full
> detail including breakoff strips and production strips, showing the
> locations of all the boards in the panel.  I include step-and-repeat
> dimensions on another mech layer.
>
> I design the board in one of the board outlines and then supply
> the design
> to the PCB maker, in that form, with clear instructions on
> step-and-repeat.
>
> I leave the actual step-and-repeat (sometimes including a rotation for
> packing odd-shaped boards) to be done by the board house.

They have specifically asked us to do it (cheap skates lol)

> When I am providing Gerbers I may do the actual step-and-repeat
> myself but
> more often than not I also leave it to the board house.
>
> Ian Wilson

Thanks for the prompt reply will try it shortly :o)

Regards,

Kat.

K.A.Q. Electronics.
Electronic and Software Engineering.