On 08:37 PM 11/08/2002 +0800, Katinka Mills said:
><..snip..>

> > Panelising in P99SE is possible - I have done it heaps of time but these
> > days I try not to do it anymore.
> >
> > To overcome the designators changing you use Paste-Special and then check
> > the desired options (there is one that allows you to keep the designators
> > unchanged - forgotten the exact wording).
> >
> > But this is only the first of the things you have to consider:
> > 1) Once panelised DRC is not hugely useful
> > 2) The design is harder to change
> > 3) ...
>
>Not a problem as I have the two seperate Jobs in their own ddb's just made a
>temp ddb for the panel :o)

Ah, well then we have another issue for multi-layer boards.  You have to be
careful, of course, to make sure that the layer stackup is the same, and
that the plane design rules are the same (expansions, connection type etc).

Also, When you copy and paste a PCB the rules are not copied - this
includes the plane and other calculation rules.  It is often best to use
Save-As to create a new temp PCB that has the best set of design rules for
the combined panel.

These issues are, of course, less of an issue with single or two-layer boards.

Ian

* Tracking #: A4AECA130A458346A822760D34A5E1F33E24A2B9