#2 There is a problem with P99SE router it only seems to do Autoroute-All,
in my experience anyway.  I have never seen it or heard of it routing any
single net or region or anything but Autoroute-All.

#1 - Is there a contiguous outline on the keepout layer, made only from
straight lines (no arcs).  This keepout outline should have the ends of the
line segments exactly coincident at the vertices.  There is some help in
the Protel KB dealing with the fussiness of the autorouter.  Not sure it
deals with crashes but there may be something there.

Panelising in P99SE is possible - I have done it heaps of time but these
days I try not to do it anymore.

To overcome the designators changing you use Paste-Special and then check
the desired options (there is one that allows you to keep the designators
unchanged - forgotten the exact wording).

But this is only the first of the things you have to consider:
1) Once panelised DRC is not hugely useful
2) The design is harder to change
3) ...

What I now tend to do is lay up the panel (on Mechanical Layer 1) in full
detail including breakoff strips and production strips, showing the
locations of all the boards in the panel.  I include step-and-repeat
dimensions on another mech layer.

I design the board in one of the board outlines and then supply the design
to the PCB maker, in that form, with clear instructions on step-and-repeat.

I leave the actual step-and-repeat (sometimes including a rotation for
packing odd-shaped boards) to be done by the board house.

When I am providing Gerbers I may do the actual step-and-repeat myself but
more often than not I also leave it to the board house.

Ian Wilson

* Tracking #: 4BBF6A8BB4D16F47A3ADFA7BDAF4B925AEDDBC52