Dennis,
        hahahahaha, you just had to stick that export in again didn't you?
        I agree with the concept of giving away schematic, a near giveaway
program worked for OrCAD for so many years. I have even spoke with a couple
Protel NA employees who think similarly, seems it is never going to happen
though from the comments they fed back to me.
        As for DXP, all I have done is monitor the DXP forum and I feel
robbed of my time! We didn't list the new VHDL  functions/features that they
have added to DXP, another non-feature to me.
        I am amazed at the number of items that are apparently missing from
DXP according to the forum messages. Nick keeps coming in and stating that
it is coming. Why wasn't it there at release, it was an existing
feature/function in P99SE? This is what I mean by incompetent, they release
a new package that is in a number of ways less functional than the old
version. That is real incompetence, releasing a down-grade. I think that
some of the smart investors are monitoring this listserver or the DXP group
periodically, I think it is reflected in Altium's stock price.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification

<SNIP>

> i think Ivan's idea about giving schematic away is good one
> not that they will ever do it, but something along those lines may
> popularize it enough that we will not be penalized for using protel
> schematic as we are now
>
> did i ever mention that i thought protel should export schematics to
> orcad DSN files?
> (only kidding - i keep hammering this but they will not respond to me
> about it)
>
> 99SE SP7 item
> add export to Orcad sch DSN files
>
> Dennis Saputelli

* Tracking #: F3F7EF1DADC3D045B99DA6621B8660296D1A1BC8