On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:46:51 -0400, you wrote:

>I meant to add to my last post that my observations on the sample boards
>were from the Altium SMT versions.  One is a rather mediocre board that was
>done with 8 layers and no planes so the power and ground were routed in with
>the signals.

I threw Situs at a couple of the supplied examples also. First thing to
notice is how slow it is compared to the 99SE router.

I ran them side by side on 99SE examples so they would be using the same
rules and Situs was at least 4 times (maybe it was 8 times I didn't bother
recording results) slower.

Protel had thier own router then bought out neuroroute? Or whatever it was
called. Neuroute was a clever shape base router with diagonal routing
layers and Protel had trouble integrating it and then I suspect trouble
understanding it to make it any better.

Watching Situs I get the impression it is a development of the old Protel
router, or perhaps a merging of the two. Anyone else think so?

Cheers, Terry.

* Tracking #: B97BBDA3607ED54B864A8682AD4FEE14BAB04E92