To speed up trace cleanup if the autorouter has left a mess, which it can
under some conditions, turn on the option under
Tools/Preferences/Options/Interactive_Routing, Automatically Remove Loops.

This command has no effect on your existing routing, except when you
manually add a track that creates a loop. In that case it will rip up the
old path.

It works best when connections are either made from a track endpoint or
include a segment which is colinear with existing track. Snap makes it easy
to do this, you can start the new track anywhere along the last piece of
old track that you want to keep (even if you only want to keep one end of
it). Experiment with it, it *does* work.

The upshot is that instead of having to delete old track and route new, one
simply routes new track, all that meandering autorouter track is
automatically ripped up.

I leave loop removal turned on as a default, it makes all manual routing
easier. If I *want* a loop, I just turn it off temporarily.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
LOMAX DESIGN ASSOCIATES
PCB design, consulting, and training
Protel EDA license resales
Easthampton, Massachusetts, USA
(413) 527-3881, efax (419) 730-4777
www.lomaxdesign.com

* Tracking #: 109FA5CCBD920F4B93B79E9A130AB9DF0353A884