At 12:31 PM 9/4/2002 -0400, Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:
>I say again:  Route all your critical nets manually, lock 'em down, and then
>let AR do the rest.  Then clean up after it.

>My guess is they are still using the Neurorouter code and just don't know
>how it works, so they cannot improve upon it.  But they can give it a new
>name.  "I am Situs of Borg.  Routing is futile.  Your nets will be
>meandered".

It's a mystery to me. It was well over a year ago that Protel people told
me they had seen the new router, it was new code, and it was good. So if
the reports are correct that the DXP router is essentially similar to the
old, and perhaps the same, I would suspect that for reasons unknown to us
the new router has not yet been released. If so, the upgrade cost seems a
tad excessive.

In any case, I'll take the opportunity in another post under an appropriate
subject header to mention a tip that can ease the pain of cleaning up after
the autorouter, sometimes overlooked by designers (though it has been
described a number of times on this list). (Use Loop Removal).

* Tracking #: C04A6BD7084601469667A32909C5397A92A4799F