Mike

Will you please stop saying that Expedition can't import netlists from
other packages. I am currently working on three boards that had their
schematics and netlists generated in OrCAD, and am frequently doing
the same with designs originating in Protel.

Did you work through the example (using a Keyin netlist as the source)
that I emailed to you on June 8th?

The process (essentially) in OrCAD is to generate a netlist in Integra
format, with a package(footprint) specific part value as the "Combined
property string". Then in Expedition, have a PDB (Parts DataBase)
entry for each of the footprints used in the design, and you're ready
to start placement.

Best regards,
 Colin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>I find it hard to believe you can't take in a netlist though??

MRE> Hard to believe  its true.  I even went to a full day workshop for Mentor,
MRE> The reps choked when I asked them if  it supported an external  netlist.   I
MRE> would have purchased the product two months ago if it did.

MRE> Mike Reagan
MRE> EDSI

* Tracking #: C66CB6917C45FA499803550577FC602C9F62B4EE