Tony,

My printer is configured as a simple Ethernet IP printer.  Several users
here tried the HP Jet Admin stuff but it never worked properly.  I'm not
clear on the printer driver business, though.  If a printer is networked
does each user still need to fool with printer drivers on their individual
machines or is the printer driver somehow now attached to the printer
itself?  Actually, the long overbar problem just started.  I'm not sure
when, however.  I'm beginning to wonder if Win2K SP3 might not have caused
the problem, or possibly one of the other multitudinous periodic updates
that Microsoft comes up with.

Ray