I believe there are two parts to the driver. The windows part assumes
the printer is connected to the parallel port (or another local port)
The stuff I HAD to download from HP was the stuff that found the printer
on my network, not associated with a server, but as an IP address. Maybe
there is a way to talk to it without this piece from HP, but I couldn't
figure it out.