If changing drivers fixes it, then it's NOT Protel's problem.  Similarly, if
changing printer settings fixes it, it's NOT Protel's problem.

The problem may only appear in Protel because it might use unusual
parameters or unusual series of calls to the printer driver.  The
application code in a Windows program that does the printing is very similar
to the code that drives the display, and is basically independent of which
printer (or printer driver) is selected.  An application's code (e.g.,
Protel) will (typically) do the exact same series of calls (to the Window's
print interface) whether it's printing to Acrobat, or a PCL printer, or a
Postscript printer.  It's up to the printer driver to generate the
corresponding output (PDF, PCL, or Postscript).

<snip>
> Protel say its the printer drivers fault (but no other program produces
such
> wierd output).  I gave up a long time ago expecting Protel to fix 99se
problems.

> It seems to happen more prevelenty in PCL6, though i've seen it with PCL5.
> The solution is to go to printer settings | print quality | Graphics Mode
> and set to to 'raster' also set halftone to 'Protographic Image'.
>
> If this does not work, try a different PCL5 driver for your printer, there
> is often more than one.

* Tracking #: 0EB7116595666145B199E1FA86977D8E347A601D