Hi Ray,

The long overbars used to be a problem (for me) quite a while ago. I'm
not sure when it was fixed, but I'm looking at several examples of 11x17
prints I did with my HP4MV and there are no problems. Possibly the
printer driver??? I have my 4MV setup on ethernet, so I have to print to
an IP address using HP's oddball driver. I used to have more problems
with Win2K and the older jetadmin s/w, but now I'm running XPPro and for
some reason the new jetadmin for XP seems to be much smarter. (I'm sure
I could have installed the new jetadmin on W2K but I didn't for unknown
reasons)

There are a zillion parameters to the printer driver. You might want to
mess around with them. Font substitution table, output protocol, etc. I
don't know if any have an effect on what you're seeing.

Tony