i see what you mean about the ICONs

i have never used the tool buttons so i didn't notice that
i was referring to keystrokes

certainly it would be nice to have better consistency between the
editors but at this point i guess it is academic as 99SE has presumably
been put out to pasture

Dennis Saputelli

Shane Edwards wrote:

> Well it is either a bug or a feature. And if it's a feature what do you use
> it for?
> If people are using it or it helps them then I'd like to know :-)
>
> I say it should know what layer you are on, so if you are placing a mech
> line protel can say 'Hey, they're on a mech layer, I'll bring up a
> non-electrical edit window when they hit tab'. Instead of 'Hey, I'm sure
> they intended to place copper even though they haven't started from an
> electrical hotpoint. Let me just kindly switch them to a Cu layer'
>
> As to the schematic commands I was indicating that there are place graphical
> line and place electrical line ICONs.
> Now the line containing the electrical connectivity is the same ICON used to
> place non-electrical lines (mech) in PCB.
> I would call this a slight inconsistency within a single program. Sure it's
> easy to assign a different bmp to the command but it's the default setup.
>
> Ed

* Tracking #: 00898113B6C0904E938F5A2B636002BE41915A9E