JaMi,

        the question you brough up was discussed here a long time ago. For I was a
part of the discussion it is still in my mind. AFAIK there is no way to automatize
that. One of the gurus out there showed me a way to handle it manually.

Step 1. create a soldermask design rule with and one without the tenting of vias by
using a negative soldermask extention in the manufactoring rules, big enough to tent
your vias
Step 2. generate your Gerberfiles of the Soldermask with one rule, copy them away and
generate them again with the other roule.
Step 3. merge the generated gerberfiles, using copy and paste.

(Hope my english was good enough to show the way)

Not a realy easy way but the easiest we found out once.

IMHO the problem is the design rules are mighty, but not mighty enough to handle a
rule like:
DesignRule|Manufactoring|SolderMaskExpansion -> scope [Via AND TopSolder]

8^) Just kidding: Common JaMi call it a Bug, I am not tough enough to do that   8^)

Regards,

Waldemar Kulajew

<  --  snippojew  --  >