On 08:21 AM 19/09/2002 +0200, Kulajew Waldemar said:

>IMHO the problem is the design rules are mighty, but not mighty enough to
>handle a rule like:
>DesignRule|Manufactoring|SolderMaskExpansion -> scope [Via AND TopSolder]

The P99SE DRC system does not consider multi-layer entities as also
existing on the various copper layers.  This is why Kulajew's rule does not
work.  I have raised this with Altium on a number of occasions.  It is a
structural issue I gather.  It is not a bug but a limitation of the
underlying architecture.  To us users, though, it is annoying.

Selective tenting was not considered a major issue (if it was considered at
all) when P99SE was developed, and the underlying concept that multi-layer
objects are not part of the individual copper layers from the rules POV
possibly predates that some time as well.

I have not checked whether DXP is clever enough to know that a multilayer
pad also exists on each copper layer but it does support selective tenting.

Ian Wilson