----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Karavidas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Protel EDA Forum'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Warning to DXP Users re P99SE files

snip

> Sounds like Murphy is one of your best friends right now. :(

Isn't that corollary 3 . . . when you least need it . . .

> You know you can drag and drop any of those backup files onto an open
> DDB and view it there. I even have files on my drive that look something
> like this: "Backup of Copy of mypcb.Pcb". I dragged that onto the DDB
> explorer panel and it was just added to the DDB ready for editing.

I did not know that, and will play with that when it is safe to do so.

Right now I am in one of those "all your eggs in one basket" modes, trying
to wrap up this board, and aside from making regular backups, I just cant
afford any of these screwups, even when some of these things are caused by
my hitting the wrong key on the keyboard.

I mean gimmie a break!

Anyone who has read many of my emails can readily see that I think faster
than I type and I occasionally transpose keys or hit the wrong key . . .

So call me stupid . . .

So call me an idiot . . .

Even call me careless . . .

None of this should cause a FATAL ERROR, like loosing all the data you
worked on for a month, or loosing a file, or preventing me from recovering
within a few hours after a complete reinstall of the world.

Protel has come dangerously close to doing just this to me recently (and has
done it in the past with Protel 98), and it is freaking me out.

I mean really freaking me out!

I know I need to "chill", and I know I need to "relax", but right now, I
really need to finish the board.

JaMi

SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN

What is that old wives tale about the "seventh son" of the "seventh son"?

I wonder if it applies to the "seventh service pack" of the "seventh
product"?