most of what you say is, of course, correct
but one part of this message is not correct

an unplated hole of the same size as a plated hole will generate a
separate tool number

this is one of the good things they finally did a while back and has
been a big help

this does not explain however whatever it is the bd shop is complaining
about

Dennis Saputelli