What??? I'm not sure you understand what I'm on about. How am I supposed to
push the component legs through the PCB without holes?

>I'm sure you don't want to have a bottom layer only pad, with a drill?

Yes that's what I want. pads and tracks on one side only and unplated holes
through the pcb.

> It  won't work anyway in the manufacturing process.

I don't see why not? I've seen hundreds of single sided pcbs like this.

> The other thing I would suggest is to find out why the board house is
> asking for this. Do you supply them with an Excelon Drill
> file? The .DRL
> file produced by Protel? If so, they don't need to worry about a pad
> master.

Actually we supply the .pcb file (allot of ppl in Australia do).

> Last bit of advice. Find another board house.

No. We have a very long standing relationship with this one particular
company.
Please keep your advice Protel related.